Thursday 20th of August 2026

diverting the focus away from the biden administration....

 

A second suspect has been arrested in relation to the Nord Stream gas pipeline explosions in 2022, German prosecutors said on Wednesday.

Croatian police, acting on a European arrest warrant, detained a Ukrainian national in Pula.

"The Federal Public Prosecutor's Office had Ukrainian Vladimir Z. arrested in Pula (Croatia) by local police forces," prosecutors said.

They said that the man, a trained scuba diver, "is strongly suspected of jointly causing explosions."

The prosecutors said they were pursuing the man's extradition from Croatia.

He is reported to have previously been detained in Poland in September 2025 but was released after an extradition request from Germany was turned down. 

Another suspect, also a Ukrainian national, was arrested in Italy last year.

What happened to the Nord Stream pipelines?

The Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines were set up to deliver Russian gas to Germany and other countries in Europe.

Nord Stream 2 had yet to enter service when in September 2022, both pipelines were damaged by blasts that rendered them inoperable.

The blasts came just months after Russia launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

Germany has said it believes the blasts were sabotage ordered by unspecified Ukrainian state entitiesbut Kyiv has so far denied involvement.

Prosecutors have said the plot aimed to permanently disrupt gas deliveries via the pipelines and prevent Moscow from using the revenue generated from natural gas trading to finance its military operations.

Moscow had repeatedly reduced or suspended deliveries through Nord Stream 1 after starting the invasion, blaming Western sanctions and technical issues.

Europe, in its turn, accused Russia of weaponizing energy supplies.

Edited by: Zac Crellin

 https://www.dw.com/en/nord-stream-second-suspect-arrested-croatia/a-78427413

 

 SEE ALSO: https://yourdemocracy.net/drupal/node/47215

 

PLEASE VISIT:

YOURDEMOCRACY.NET RECORDS HISTORY AS IT SHOULD BE — NOT AS THE WESTERN MEDIA WRONGLY REPORTS IT — SINCE 2005.

         Gus Leonisky

         POLITICAL CARTOONIST SINCE 1951.

         RABID ATHEIST.

         WELCOME TO THIS INSANE WORLD….

slow inaction....

MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Alice Weidel, co-chair of the opposition right-wing Alternative for Germany (AfD) party, accused the German government on Wednesday of remaining inactive four years after the terrorist attack on the Nord Stream gas pipelines.

The German Attorney General's Office announced on Wednesday the arrest of another suspect in connection with the terrorist attack on the Nord Stream gas pipelines, a Ukrainian citizen Volodymyr Z. Following his extradition from Croatia, he will appear before the Federal Supreme Court in Germany.

"A second Ukrainian citizen has been detained on suspicion of involvement in the bombing of the Nord Stream gas pipelines. This terrorist attack against our energy infrastructure must finally be investigated, and those responsible must be held accountable! What is the German government doing? Nothing!" Weidel said on X.

 https://sputnikglobe.com/20260819/afd-leader-accuses-german-authorities-of-inaction-after-terrorist-attack-on-nord-streams-1124605924.html

 

READ FROM TOP.

PLEASE VISIT:

YOURDEMOCRACY.NET RECORDS HISTORY AS IT SHOULD BE — NOT AS THE WESTERN MEDIA WRONGLY REPORTS IT — SINCE 2005.

         Gus Leonisky

         POLITICAL CARTOONIST SINCE 1951.

         RABID ATHEIST.

         WELCOME TO THIS INSANE WORLD….